The Bloomer Legacy: 1.14 Love and Death – Revisited

July 12, 2015 The Plumbob 21 Comments

Ruby stared at herself in the mirror. She still couldn’t believe she was alive again. She’d pinch herself numerous times throughout the day just to check if she’s still flesh and bones.

I decided to give her a makeover – after all, she’s been sporting the same look for decades, so I feel like she needs a bit of a change.

I’ve never introduced Ruby in the series properly, so a traits overview is highly overdue: She’s a lazy goofball and a geek, who also happens to be gregarious, since she has the Party Animal aspiration. I don’t quite think that’s going to happen, but hey, she seems quite pleased just to be alive!

Naturally, Ruby has become very affectionate towards her fiancée. Isaac had really pulled out the big guns for the proposal, only a romantic sim could do that. Not to mention that Isaac is always nice around Ruby, which is a huge relief to the elderly Bloomer couple (and myself!).

Yes, Ruby’s been VERY affectionate.

She also got on with Isaac and Maranda really well. They all enjoyed being able to reconnect, and have put all bad memories beyond them.

To be honest, Isaac and Maranda would be happy to see Isaac marry Godzilla if it made him the man he was with Ruby. When it came to the wedding day, they could barely suppress tears of joy.

Naturally we also invited Allen Perrin for the festivities. He was really happy to have another chance at bonding with his mother, although getting used to the fact that he’s almost twice her age would take some getting used to.

Isaac’s old gang was here too. Is it me, or is Juanita making eyes at Allen?

Pace: “I still can’t believe you’re getting married man! What happened to playing the field?”

Yusuf: “Personally, I still can’t believe that you found anyone willing to marry you… though I suppose the fact you had to go for a dead girl says a lot.”

Yusuf and Isaac still don’t really get along. But it’s good to have him here anyway, for old times’ sake.

Time for the ceremony! The wedding takes place in the same spot where Isaac proposed to Ruby. We do have a designated wedding spot in the Ruby Perrin Park, but somehow Ruby was not very fond of the idea of getting married at her memorial lot.

Everyone gathered around to see the couple say their wows.

Ruby: “Isaac, you saw me when I was invisible to everyone else and made me believe that everything was possible. You’ve seen my flaws and shortcomings, and instead of running away you pulled me closer.”

Isaac: “Ruby, thanks to you I know that true love can overcome anything, and I can say with confidence that I know not even death do us part.”

Isaac and Maranda were happier than they’d been in years. Isaac’s turbulent teen years were left long behind, and they seemed like a dream today.

All that was left was the rings…

… and of course, the first kiss.

Isaac’s parents were the first to congratulate him.

Meanwhile, Ruby was getting to know everyone – apart from Isaac, she’s not made any new acquaintances for years, not to mention meeting people was a part of her aspiration.

But of course, she devoted the most attention to the one she missed the most time with, her son.

Allen: “Smile! You know, as a kid I would always dream you would get married one day. I wouldn’t have thought it would be possible in my wildest dreams, after you… you know.”

Still a bit awkward, but getting there!

Ruby: “Oh look at us Allen! You need to send me a copy of this!”

Allen: “Sure thing… mom.”

Ruby: “Allen, there’s something I wanted to talk to you about. I know you love your job, but I’ve spoken to Isaac and he thinks you could easily transfer to the Newcrest police station. Willow Creek is just not safe and I’m always a bit uneasy knowing you live there.”

When she said that, something clicked inside Allen all of the sudden. She may be wrinkle-free and much younger looking than him, but she is his mom, and does what all mothers do – she worries.

Allen: “I’ll think about it mom. I promise.”

Juanita: “Ugh, I can’t stand your smug face, Pace! If it wasn’t for you, I could have been the one getting married today!”

Allen: “I think someone as pretty as you will not have any troubles finding a husband.”

Perhaps Allen may have some extra motivation to move to Newcrest?

It had been a magical day, and all guests have had a great time. Of course, the newlyweds had the best time of all.

But sadly not all days can be magical, and the very next day Isaac had a particularly icky day at work, having to take mugshots and fingerprints of criminals, and what’s worse, having to search them.

He was looking forward to coming home after the long shift and finally being able to unwind, but fate would not have it.

Kirk Bloomer, the founder of our legacy who fulfilled his aspiration (and only fell short of completing a second one by 4 fish) passed away of old age.

To make matters worse, as this was happening, Maranda came home from work early… to die.

I mean, Grim was still inside the house taking Kirk’s soul when this was happening!

“See you soon, my love,” Maranda whispered.

Poor Isaac and Ruby had not even finished weeping over Kirk’s death when they heard Maranda’s call from the outside. They rushed outside, with grim in tow.

Seriously Grim???

Grim: “You never heard that saying about two birds and one stone? I’m a busy man, I have to be efficient.”

Ruby: “I’m so sick of you always ruining everything and wrecking my life over and over again? You better not show up at this house ever again!”

Grim: “Are you planning to move?”

Isaac and Ruby buried Kirk and Maranda by the pond, surrounded by flowers, just the way Kirk would have liked it. They were on their own now.

Rest in peace, Kirk and Maranda. You were a better founder couple than I could have asked for, and you’ll be deeply missed!

Comments

1. raerei
    July 12, 2015 - 5:34 pm

You will both be deeply missed.

I’m glad Isaac got his life together in time for this. Although with his personality, there will be ups and downs, but at least he has a good start.

2. Lux Conant
    July 12, 2015 - 7:18 pm

Aww, I can’t believe it happened. Poor Isaac, I’m glad they got to see him get married and forget all the anger and clear things

3. The Plumbob
    July 12, 2015 - 8:10 pm

They did have Isaac quite late in life – I even had both of them drink the elixir of youth during their adult years. Yeah they passed away feeling very proud of their son and knowing he’ll carry on the legacy so all things considered it could have been a lot worse!

4. JordanNicoleJJ
    July 13, 2015 - 12:06 am

Awww… I love Ruby’s make-over! The wedding was amazing, and I totally ship Allen x Juanita. I can’t wait for them to move in to the neighborhood! It’s hardest to lose the founding generation, I think, but it’s good that they went at the same time — the “widowed” moodlet is so terrible. :(

5. The Plumbob
    July 13, 2015 - 7:20 am

Thank you! I actually adore Juanita, she is such a funny sim! And agreed, I was shocked at how Kirk And Maranda died in such quick succession, but it was definitely easier on both of them this way – they both died very happy.

I’m so excited you’re doing the challenge too!!!

6. Cathy Thwing
    July 25, 2015 - 7:08 am

Aw. I’m glad they had a chance to see Ruby return to life and marry her son before their appointment with Grim came.

7. The Plumbob
    July 25, 2015 - 9:23 am

It was just in time indeed!

8. Carewren123
    July 25, 2015 - 2:24 pm

Wow, you’ve sure had a lot of amazing (not always in a happy way) moments so far in this story. I can’t believe that Kirk was dying right as Isaac was walking through the front door, AND then Maranda died at the same time. So sad, but wow what a story!

9. The Plumbob
    July 25, 2015 - 3:33 pm

There’s definitely been a huge blend of good and bad events for the founding generation. I’ve never had two sims die of old age within minutes of one another, but I do think it was for the best for Kirk and Maranda (for Ruby and Isaac, perhaps not so much)

10. SummerFalls
    July 26, 2015 - 2:06 pm

;( I loved Kirk and Miranda and I hope that Isaac will continue on the legacy in his own special way! <3

11. ARoseInBloom
    September 11, 2015 - 4:42 am

:`(

I am now sad. But also…I’m happy that they don’t have to live without each other!

September 16, 2015 - 9:14 am

I know, it was really sad when it was happening! But in hindsight I do think it was better that way, for both of them.

12. Jes2G
    October 10, 2015 - 6:30 pm

Awww! So, it’s plummy yet cool that they died at the same time…almost the same time. I’ve never seen that happen before!

And Grim! “Are you planning to move?” At first I was like “oh no he didn’t!” But then I was like “…touche” lol.

October 10, 2015 - 7:19 pm

I know, it shocked me! I had no idea it could happen. I think it must have something to do with them both being first generation sims as opposed to born in game. But I’ve never had it happen before, or after either.

And Grim… Ugh he has such a twisted sense of humour when it comes to this family.

November 2, 2015 - 11:13 am

I’m so glad that Kirk and Maranda got to attend their son’s wedding before they passed. They lived long, fulfilled lives, and should be so proud of all that they accomplished! :) Also, it’s good in a way for them to leave together, although I can imagine that the newlyweds are devastated. :(

Also I hope Allen and Juanita find love in each other! They seem so suited to the other. :)

November 2, 2015 - 7:56 pm

It was so odd how they went at the same time, but definitely the best for them.

Juanita and Allen, gosh, they were so much fun…

14. SunnyShay
    November 20, 2015 - 11:00 pm

Talk about a bittersweet chapter.

November 21, 2015 - 8:52 am

I know! I tend to have a few of those, seems like happy events are always accompanied with really sad ones in my game.

15. Giuliana
    February 29, 2016 - 2:19 am

This was really too sad :( Damn you grimmy!

February 29, 2016 - 8:53 pm