The Bloomer Legacy: 3.7 The Power of Intent

August 9, 2015 The Plumbob 17 Comments

Lilah was still escaping into her far away dreamlike worlds. She didn’t quite understand how it all worked, but found her little getaways extremely satisfying.

Her athletic side loved to just run around those places and explore, but there was more to it. For one, it was a great source of inspiration for her writing, but it was also a good time to think.

She was in a particularly beautiful setting today. This has got to be the best one as of yet, she thought to herself. There was only one thing that could make it all even more perfect… But was that even possible?

What were the limits of teleportation? The basic principle was the same, focusing on your intent, picturing it as if it was real, and watching it happen, first in your head and then for real…

She opened her eyes and beamed. It worked!

Peter looked around him, confused. What just happened?

Peter: “Lilah? Where… what…”

“It worked, it worked, it worked!” Lilah was struggling to contain her excitement.

“I don’t understand,“ Peter said, still perplexed, “what is this place?”

“I’m not fully sure,” Lilah admitted, “but I have a confession to make. I’ve been escaping to worlds not unlike this one for quite some time. Don’t ask me how it works… I’ve been teleporting to them through meditating somehow and…”

Lilah: “Today’s world is the best one I’ve seen as of yet… So I wanted to share it with you. I focused all my energy on making it happen… and now you’re here!”

Peter: “I don’t understand any of it! But thank you for bringing me here. You never cease to amaze me with the places you show me! Though you’ve outdone yourself this time!”

Lilah embraced him happily; “I’m so glad you’re here!”

Lilah: “Wait, let me show you the best part!”

Lilah: “The waterfall!”

Peter: “This is just like when I first met you and you showed me the waterfall in Granite Falls! I had such a huge crush on you back then…”

Lilah: “And now?”

Peter: “Now I’m more in love with you than ever.”

Lilah could just explode with happiness. She had a spur of the moment idea. Could she just transport anything here, the way she did Peter?

As soon as she’d thought it, she felt the small item in her hand. Now or never.

She dropped to her knee and revealed the ring in the palm of her hand.

Lilah: “Peter, I want you to be a part of all of my adventures from now on… will you marry me?”

Peter: “Aww man, I was supposed to do the asking!”

Lilah: “Is that a yes or a no?”

Peter: “Of course it’s a yes!”

And that’s how Peter and Lilah got engaged.

Author’s note: She really did have the whim to get engaged to Peter appear right as they were by the waterfall. I may or may not have done a happy dance when it happened.

Comments

1. Emma
    August 9, 2015 - 4:47 pm

OMG. Yay Peter! I was not expecting Lilah to do the proposing!

2. The Plumbob
    August 9, 2015 - 4:55 pm

Neither was I! But she was the one to get the whim, so it seemed to make sense :)

3. JordanNicoleJJ
    August 9, 2015 - 5:23 pm

YESSS! I’m glad she was the one who rolled the whim — it needed to be her idea or she probably would’ve felt trapped. Eeee! YAY! *happy dances*

4. The Plumbob
    August 9, 2015 - 5:42 pm

Yeah I agree. I would be afraid she’d turn him down if it was the other way around. She was the one who had to become ready – Peter probably would have married her the day he met her 😀

5. Maladi
    August 9, 2015 - 5:49 pm

So beautiful. I’m happy for them.
    I can’t stop thinking of how wonderful lives you create for your sims! Lucky them.
    Your stories made me start my own legacy. :)

6. Christina
    August 9, 2015 - 5:55 pm

Oh my gosh, yay! I was so surprised when Lilah proposed, and the fact that she had the whim to do it makes this perfect. I can’t wait to see their future together!

7. The Plumbob
    August 9, 2015 - 6:54 pm

Maladi: Thank you! They do have sad moments in their lives sometimes – in fact, one of the updates next week is going to be really sad I’m afraid. But for the most part I try to have them follow the path that will let them lead the lives they want to. The issues come when those paths are conflicting…

Christina: Thanks for reading and commenting! Yeah the proposal went down very well. It’s probably more magical than the actual wedding (but we’ll get to that soon)!

8. Derubelle
    August 18, 2015 - 2:57 pm

Isn’t it just awesome when your Sims do exactly what you want them to do :) It makes them that much more real to me haha! Awesome Legacy just catching up, is there any way to “follow” this page ? x

August 18, 2015 - 5:24 pm

Thank you very much for reading, and welcome to my blog! :) You’ve come at an interesting time, the third generation is definitely not quite a conventional legacy. I hope you enjoy!

I used to update daily until very recently, so there is no way to follow or subrscribe at the moment. Probably the closest thing for getting any update would be bookmarking my thread on the forums – I post there every time there’s an update or an announcement :)

9. Jes2G
    October 13, 2015 - 3:14 am

Awwww! Yaaay! It’s about daggon time lol.

October 13, 2015 - 9:10 am

Haha. She sure took her time! But I wanted her to know for certain :)

November 3, 2015 - 1:38 am

These screenshots are so perfect! The emotions match up right with their actions in the story. :) And how wonderful was it that she wanted to propose to him then and there! <3

November 3, 2015 - 8:07 pm

I was so pleased!

11. Sunnyshay
    December 31, 2015 - 7:24 am

That was unexpected. Well yay!Lol

December 31, 2015 - 12:03 pm

Lol! Your comments always crack me up. I think Lilah just needed to mull things over, but once things fell in place, she never looked back.

12. Cshaner
    October 14, 2016 - 7:58 pm

Awwww!! Yay Peter!! So romantic and honestly it surprised me that you said Lilah really did have the whim to propose!

October 15, 2016 - 4:52 pm

A lot of what happens in the story is based on whims – though not all. I do a bit of a mix :) But yes, this worked out perfectly in game!