The Plum Tree App
August 14, 2016 The Plumbob 0 Comments
We interrupt the regularly scheduled programming to bring you something a little different today.
Some of you may remember that I mentioned my boyfriend was developing a family tree tool specifically for The Sims – some among you have even been our alpha testers! Well, we have now released a public BETA, meaning anyone can set up an account and give it a go.
That was less than 48 hours ago. We have now reached over 800 users who have created over 1000 family trees, and have been featured by community fan pages such as SimsVIP, Sims Community and more. We’re overwhelmed by all the positive feedback and happy that simmers are enjoying our tool!
What The Plum Tree can do:
- Allow users to create family trees (this is an obvious one of course!)
- Showcase family members complete with avatars, bios, TS4 traits and TS4 aspirations
- Indicate whether two sims are partners, married, ex-partners or only linked through alien abduction
- Depict child’s biological and adoptive parents, as well as show if the child is a clone or a result of abduction
- Seemless tree navigation allows users to scroll, zoom in and out of the tree
- Users can publish trees to share them with others
- The officially supported browsers are the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE 11 and MS Edge.
With all of the above I’ve been forced to stop procrastinating and actually update the Bloomer Family Tree – this now captures all of the heirs so far, complete with bios, traits and aspirations (Don’t even ask how long it’s taken me to fill out Yenn’s…).
If you’d like to make your own tree or learn more, visit theplumtreeapp.com.